Connect with us


Rwanda Beat Central African Republic 2-0 In International Friendly

Rwanda managed to pick a 2-0 win over Central African Republic in a friendly tie played at Amaharo Stadium in Kigali on Friday afternoon.

Abdul Rwatubyaye and Jacques Tuyisenge scored to ensure the Amavubi registered their first win in two lined up friendlies against the Les Fauves.

Despite a lively start from both sides, neither Rwanda or CAR created a single effort on target in the opening 20 minutes.

However, Elvis Samolah came to the eagles rescue midway through the first half, as he pulled off a great reflect save to keep out Lague Byiringiro’s volley.

Alain Kitwonda should have opened the scoring in the 29th minute but the Rwandese midfilder failed to hit the target from close after being teed up by Eric Rutanga.

The Les Fauves registered the their first effort on target in the 34th minute, as Geoffrey Kondogbia ‘s 20-yard strike was palmed away by Clement Buhake.

The hosts eventually opened the scoring in the 41st minute courtesy of Abdul Rwatubyaye who unleashed a powerful header to the top corner, 1-0.

CAR left themselves exposed at the back while searching for the equalizer and Samuel Gueulette should have doubled the lead for Vincent Mashami’s troops on the stroke of half time after going through on goal, but his shot lacked power and was smothered by goalkeeper Samolah.

The sides could not build tempo in the opening stages of the second stanza, although Kondogbia had a brilliant opportunity to seal the match after being found free inside the box but he fluffed his chance as he was closed down.

Eric Irandukunda almost made it 2-0 for the Amavubi in the 58th minute with a brilliant free-kick that dipped over the wall and towards the near post, but Sadock Ndobe got under the strike to keep CAR in the game.

CAR lost concentration and were punished on the 70th minute by Jacques Tuyisenge after a mistake from defender Cédric Yambéré failed to clear the ball at the dangerous area.

The Les Fauves did not sit back after going down and launched a number of attacks but the Rwandese remained resolute as the encounter ended 2-0 in the home side’s favour.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Football

Translate »